Thursday, May 16, 2013

Interview with Music2Deal Member AMANOVA

AMANOVA (10)


Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
Hi to the Music2Deal Community ! It’s always hard to present ourselves in a few words… but I’ll try ! I’m Amanova, a french singer and songwriter, in a style we could qualify as smooth-jazz with touches of blues, soul and latin influences. I’ve grew up in a musician family and started to sing on stage at the age of 12. I used to produce myself with coverbands until 2007, where I started my own project and dared to write and compose for myself.
Why do you think your kind of music will do well internationally?
First of all, I believe that music is universal, that’s the best language to share with somebody living at the opposite of the earth, with our emotions and our intentions. I like to think there’s a public for any kind of music, and realize I’m often more played on radios in US or Canada than in my own country. Maybe it’s a question of style or the result that I don’t sing a lot in French. Anyway, I’m always happy when my music finds an echo, whether it is with my neighbour or with an Australian, music’s made to travel !
Could you talk to us about notable projects you have completed in the past?
Any experience, any stage has been a benefit in learning. I started early and had the chance to experiment many things in music, a variety of groups, the work as backup singer which helped to participate at the Montreal’s Francofolies with great canadian singers, some radio advertisings, the direction of a music school and since I started my own project, I had the pleasure to produce myself in many places, as the Sunset Jazz Club Paris, some Jazz festivals, clubs, painting openings, some big private parties…
Do you have any upcoming projects, tours and concerts already planned? What are your plans for 2013?
I’ve just released my first EP (« On a smoothy way ») last summer so I’m trying to promote it the best way I can :) and I’ve already started to work on the next album, ideas are there and I like the atmosphere in the studio! People interested can take a look on my websitewww.amanova.net to discover all of this.
What do you think is the largest problem faced by the music industry today? How do you think it can be resolved?
There are many large problems (laughs) and I can’t speak for everyone, but from my point of view, one of the most important is a problem of « pace », I mean that the larger part of the marketed music come from some big societies, which own like a monopole and receive alone the support of the media. All is concentrated on a few artists, but there is so much to discover outside ! So, how to resolve it ? I  unfortunately don’t have the answer, except than push people to be the more curious they can, and search to discover things from everywhere.
What are you currently looking for? A label, a distributor, a manager, a producer, licencing, etc?
Until now, I had to apply the DIY from A to Z, I don’t have a label, but I was supported by followers on Ulule to produce my CD, don’t have a manager, so I handle everything. I’d really like to meet some people helping me to find gigs, a label to believe in my next album, if anyone is interested, just contact me!
A good word on Music2Deal.com?
The music community that breaks all the borders, let’s meet and share !
MORE INFO:
WEBSITE : www.amanova.net

No comments:

Post a Comment